WHERE CAN 5K TAKE US?
5 km can go a long way in helping people with spinal cord injuries and related disabilities adjust, adapt, and thrive—but we need your help to get there.
On June 23 bring your family and friends together and join SCI BC’s Team Walk ‘n’ Rollers in the 5K Scotiabank Charity Challenge at Stanley Park in Vancouver.
Together, we’re aiming to raise $75,000 to support SCI BC’s programs, resources, and Peer support so everyone with an SCI can #AccessPossibility.
Sunday, June 23, 2019
Keep an eye out for pre-event training, events and news!
5 km race participants should arrive before 8:30 am and meet at Stanley Park Drive beside Ceperley Field. More location details can be found on our FAQ page.
Visit us at our Charity Village tent after the race is over for socializing and swag!
Registration is easy! Just email Terry at email@example.com and we’ll take it from there.
Everything else you need to know is on our FAQ page.
Be sure to click on one of the buttons above to sign up, donate or share with your network.
- You or someone you know has a spinal cord injury.
You believe in SCI BC and the work we do. Maybe you’ve been to an event, maybe you follow us on social media, maybe you know of our impact—it’s not possible without you!
- The people who recruit the most team members will win some amazing prizes!
- Great way to stay fit and meet new friends.
- Registration is FREE for Peers if you commit to helping us raise $100 (we’ll help you get there!). Discount registration codes are available otherwise.
They’re here! If racing with your friends and family wasn’t enough you can also earn some sweet SCI BC swag for your fundraising efforts. The more you raise—the more you get!
Raise $500: receive a pair of SCI BC sunglasses and our famous I Hate Running hat (now in grey!)
Raise $1,000: receive the $500 prizes AND a limited edition SCI BC insulated water bottle and collapsible reusable straw.
Raise $1,500: receive the $500 and $1,000 prizes AND a beautiful SCI BC water-resistant backpack, perfect for wheeling around town or adventuring in the great outdoors.
If you’re our TOP fundraiser this year you will receive all of our prize level packages plus a $500 WestJet voucher!
Download images for your social media
Amp up your fundraising, and get support from family and friends, by promoting the 5K Charity Challenge on social media. There’s two ways to do it:
- Click on your favourite image below, then right click to download or save. Then, overlay your current profile picture on Facebook or Twitter with the frame you chose using photo editing website or software.
- Go to Facebook. Click “Update” on your profile picture and choose “Add Frame” in the top bar of the pop up window. Use the search bar and enter the keyword SCI BC. All of our frames will appear—select the one you like best! Change the duration of the frame from 1 week to Custom: June 23, 2019.
Remember to link to your personal fundraising page in the image comments! The more eyes on your cause, the better!