Spice Up Your Life
Who doesn’t love tacos?! These beef tacos are mouth-watering, delicious and easy to make and customize. Filled with fresh ingredients and juicy ground beef, they’re the perfect lunch or dinner item!
- Corn or flour tortillas
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of stock, water or light flavoured beer
- 2 tbs of cooking or olive oil
- 1-2 cups cheddar, Monterey jack or mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ head of lettuce, shredded or chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup of sliced red onions
- 1 avocado sliced salsa, hot sauce or chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream or yogurt
- ½ – 1 tsp chili powder (adjust for spiciness)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
1. Peel and dice the onion Peel and chop the garlic Combine spices together in a separate bowl
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add beef; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
4. Add spice mixture and liquid, and cook for 2-3 mins
Frying pan method: In a separate frying pan, heat the corn tortillas over medium heat until soft, wrap in a towel to keep warm.
Oven method: heat the oven to 200 C. Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and heat until warm, about 4 mins.