Lettuce Share Our Taco Salad Recipe With You
All the flavours of a taco but in a healthy, refreshing salad!
- 1 avocado
- 1 head lettuce, thinly sliced, torn or chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar, Monterey jack or mozzarella cheese
- 1 (15- to 19-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ can of corn (1/2 cup), drained
- 1 (6-oz) can sliced pitted black olives, drained
¼ cup of olive oil
2 tbs of lime juice
Salt to taste
1. Peel and pit avocado, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. Place the lettuce in a big salad bowl. Spoon beans and corn evenly over lettuce and continue making layers with tomatoes, cheese, avocado, and olives.
3. Drizzle dressing over salad.
**You can use the beef taco filling mixture instead of, or in addition to beans. You can also add chicken breast, ground turkey, fish, shrimp, steak or grilled tofu as a protein source.