A Vibrantly Flavoured Exotic Dish!
An Indian chick pea flour stew with dumplings
2 cups plain yogurt
9 cups water
- 1 cup chick pea flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2-3 black cardamom pods
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
1. Whisk the plain yogurt until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the water and mix.
2. Strain the chick pea flour into the yogurt mixture and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pot and add cumin seeds, chopped onion, garlic, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, bay leaf, and fenugreek seeds. Saute until the onions are light brown.
4. Add salt, chili powder, turmeric, and coriander powder. Mix for a few seconds, then add the yogurt and chick pea mixture. Turn the heat to low and simmer for half an hour.