We’re looking for an energetic, personable, and detail-oriented individual to join our Administration Team at SCI BC. This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) position located at our provincial head office in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Finance and Operations, this role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following Key Responsibilities:
- Provide general administrative and operational support, including reception duties, operations tasks, and taking a proactive approach to annual recurring tasks and maintaining supplies and inventory.
- Support facility operations, including liaising with suppliers, contractors and IT providers, and scheduling building maintenance as requested
- Support the finance team through data entry, preparing cheque requisitions and filing of invoices
- Support human resources and the onboarding of volunteers
- Support contact management and other database systems.
- Support for program delivery and events, as needed.
- Assist with the distribution of internal and external communications.
We are looking for someone with exceptional organizational abilities, along with the following skills:
- 2-5 years administrative/office experience
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional, competent, welcoming manner
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Pro
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Familiarity with contact or donor databases (DonorPerfect preferably)
- A can-do attitude and willingness to problem solve
- Desire to take initiative, learn new skills and improve practices
- Entry level accounting/bookkeeping abilities, an asset
- Experience with both PC & MAC platforms, as well as familiarity working in a Cloud environment and Quickbooks accounting software, an asset
You are a dedicated and enthusiastic professional committed to delivering accurate, timely and high-quality work, and providing exceptional service to members, donors and volunteers. Comfortable working both independently and in partnership with a great team of co-workers, you enjoy a fast paced, energetic environment and you respect the values and culture of a non-profit organization.
To Apply: Please forward your cover letter and resume including the date you are available for work no later than Tuesday May 31 – by email to email@example.com, by mail to Human Resources at 780 S.W. Marine Drive, Vancouver V6P 5Y7, or by fax to (604) 326-1229. Interviews of qualified candidates will be ongoing as we hope to fill this role as soon as possible. No phone calls please.