PLEASE NOTE THAT ABSOLUTELY NO WALK-INS OR TELEPHONE CALLS WILL BE CONSIDERED AND ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY BY EMAIL.
GBC Education LTD. doing business as Gastown Business College has an immediate opening for a full-time and permanent Administrative Assistant. Job duties for this position will include:
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and coordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations.
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer.
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory.
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages.
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems.
- Determine and establish office procedures.
- Greet visitors, ascertain the nature of business and direct visitors to the employer or appropriate person.
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations.
Position available: 2
The successful candidate will:
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college or other program for administrative assistants or secretaries or previous clerical experience is required.
- Experience of 1 year to less than 2 years in a similar field is required.
The Benefits will be:
- 4% of gross salary as the vacation pay
The language mainly used will be:
The work location will be at:
- 73 Water Street, Suite 200, Vancouver, BC V6B 1A1
The salary to be paid to the successful candidate will be $25.00 per hour plus overtime at the applicable rates set pursuant to the BC Employment Standards Act.
This is a full-time permanent position, and the successful candidate will be expected to work 7-8 hours per day, 5 days a week Monday through Saturday during Gastown Business College’s normal business hours.
Candidates wishing to apply for this position should email a cover letter and their resume to email@example.com