Neil Squire is a Canadian national not-for-profit organization that empowers Canadians with disabilities through the use of computer-based assistive technologies, research and development, and various employment programs. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, the Neil Squire is presently hiring for their Working Together with Employers & Enhancing Employment (WTEEE) program, a federally funded project.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to work full-time at our Burnaby Office in our Working Together with Employers & Enhancing Employment (WTEEE) program.
Under the direction of the Director of Employment Programs, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing all aspects of administrative support needed to the national WTEEE Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Verify and ensure accuracy of all database and GCOS (government portal system) entries made by BC and regional staff and submit entries on GCOS portal (new client, interventions, follow ups) once accuracy confirmed
• Review all BC and regional client files including intake forms, interventions and closures to ensure the required documentation is included in physical and electronic files
• Review reports to ensure accuracy and aggregate the reporting when needed. Assist Burnaby, BC, staff with compiling and submitting a report
• Generate weekly reports using the database reporting and send to the team
• Submit Assistive Technology referrals to Solutions team and update database/client file when the AT Assessments are ready
• Verify and submit participant financial supports to Finance once approved by Director of Employment Programs
• Complete all administrative work related including forms management, client file management, and other work assigned, ensuring all excel trackers and other documentation used are kept up to date
• Maintain filing systems and electronic folder systems• Create, update and maintain all necessary spreadsheets and other tracking systems
• Under the direction of the Director of Employment Programs, communicate with Burnaby, BC, staff as well as distant BC staff on certain WTEEE related program or client matters; communicate with regional staff as required
• Other additional duties will be assigned as required, front desk relief support as needed
Education, Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
• Post-secondary education in office or business administration• Relevant education in Social Sciences or a related field and/or CDP certification OR and equivalent combination of education is an asset but not required
• Previous experience working in employment programs and/or working with people with disabilities and other barriers to employment is an asset
• Must have a high level of computer proficiency and skill utilizing Microsoft Office Suite• Ability to prioritize multiple duties in a fast-paced environment, requiring attention to detail,confidentiality, professionalism and prompt action is mandatory
• Scrupulous attention to detail is required as well as timing for all work/tasks assigned
• Excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are necessary. Professional, courteous and friendly approach in working with colleagues and clients at all times is a requirement
• Adaptive to ongoing change, flexible, creative and able to deal effectively with transition
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure is a requirement
• A criminal record check must be completed prior to commencing work and may be requiredeach year thereafter
• All professional credentials must be maintained• Must adhere to project outcomes, objectives, ethical guidelines and policies of the organizationto ensure success
• Other additional duties will be assigned as required
• Work Schedule – Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
• Salary range: Competitive with market
• Posting Closing Date: immediatePlease forward a resume and cover letter indicating Administrative Assistant to the attention of Director, Employment Programs.
Email resume to:email@example.comOnly shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you to all that apply.