We have a permanent, part-time opportunity for a Baggage and Gate Scheduler in the Airport Operations Department. Reporting to the Manager, Operations Centre, the successful candidate will provide real time support to manage the distribution of the Airport Authority’s common-use assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implementing the seasonal schedule by updating the operational database with real-time data
- Building the daily sector gate, check-in counter, and baggage carousel schedules
- Providing real-time information to stakeholders (carriers and business partners) necessary for the efficient and optimal operations of facilities
- Preparing and producing various reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Manually updating Baggage Information and Flight Information Displays
- Troubleshooting multiple, often simultaneous, scheduling conflicts as they arise
- During emergency or irregular operations, be available to the Integrated Operations Centre response team
Key qualifications include:
- Two years’ experience in an airline/airport operations environment, supplemented by completion of a high school diploma; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to quickly evaluate large amounts of information and come up with sound decisions under time constraints
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed customer service and conflict resolutions skills
- Ability to develop and foster effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Airline/airport scheduling experience an asset, preferably with gate and baggage scheduling systems
- Extensive computer knowledge and experience, and the ability to become proficient at new software systems
- Familiarity with aircraft types and an understanding of the IATA scheduling process and procedures would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to adapt to a fast-paced environment
Day and night shift and weekend work are required, as the Airport Operations Centre is a 24-hour operation.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Applicants may apply directly at https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/careers/current-opportunities