We have an exciting, full-time term opportunity (one year) for a Communications Specialist, Graphic Design at YVR.
As one of the best loved brands in BC, we know that the visual representation of our brand is critical. It’s often said that “a picture paints a thousand words”, so we are looking for someone who can continue to help bring our brand alive.
This role is an integral part of the broader marketing team and would provide design support for a variety of physical and digital solutions across the YVR organization, including multiple platforms and touchpoints.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing design support across the organization, including working with multiple internal departments to complete design requests and achieve a wide variety organizational goals; this includes specific graphic support in collateral for hub marketing and development, including ad campaigns, social media applications, community ads and presentations
- Acting as a brand steward for YVR and leading “Brand School” to ensure all Airport Authority employees are informed on brand guidelines
- Working with external organizations and partners to create various design deliverables and, at times, co-branded creative
- Connecting and communicating with outside agencies and other creatives to supplement design support, including providing feedback and guidance on use of the YVR brand
- Supporting the organization’s operational and marketing goals by creating campaigns and collateral for multiple channels and audiences – including social media platforms, in-terminal assets, conference and speaking events, stakeholder meetings, digital/video inventory and community events
- Collaborating with the team to brainstorm, conceptualize and bring to life event and marketing ideas in a creative way
- Driving design projects from idea phase to final product, including conceptualization, production, print and digital outputs; this includes managing communication with members of the department, partner organizations, pre-press and printing teams, and other relevant stakeholders
- Supporting the planning and execution of media, corporate and community events
Key qualifications include:
- At least six years’ recent, related experience as an in-house designer or at a creative agency, supplemented by an undergraduate degree in visual, graphic or digital design; or an equivalent combination of training and experience; experience working in a communications or public relations related team is an asset
- High proficiency in using Adobe Creative Suite, including inDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat and Photoshop, as well as working proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint
- Strong portfolio showcasing ability to understand visual design principles and techniques, with solid foundation of design decisions
- Expertise in visual layouts, grids, colour theory, and typography is a must, including creating design for both digital and print applications
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including cross-departmental relationships, senior and executive members of the organization, as well as partner organizations and brands
- Excellent skills in time management, communication, organization, and prioritization of tasks
- Proven experience with the use of social media tools and metrics including: Twitter, Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Experience in motion graphics and video (filming, production and editing) an asset
- Working knowledge of and experience with web back-end systems such as HTML and WordPress
This position is well suited to an individual that is passionate about digital content strategy, has a creative mindset and thrives in an agile environment. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and/or having diverse lived experience are encouraged to apply.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be considered for all internal candidates who apply for this position.
Health and safety are at the core of how we operate at YVR. We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace for our workforce and protecting the health and safety of our employees, passengers, partners and community by taking reasonable, preventative measures to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a valid exemption is granted for those unable to be vaccinated.
Apply online at https://careers.yvr.ca/en/job/vancouver/communications-specialist-graphic-design-maternity-leave/38253/27657330128