ACCESS & INCLUSION, COVID RESPONSIBLE RECREATION INFRASTRUCTURE 2021
Must be BCEA Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
Do you need on-the-job work experience and skills training?
Contact the WorkBC Centre to learn more!
Enter WorkBC Centre Location and Contact information here (Phone Number)
The CONSTRUCTION LABOURER will learn carpentry skills through building and installing Accessible outhouses, picnic tables and benches utilizing the principles of Universal Design.
Participants will gain hands-on work experience/skills through the following activities:
– Following supervisor instructions and learning construction / carpentry skills to build recreation infrastructure which is accessible and inclusive
– Working with hand tools and other carpentry tools
– Following WorksafeBC procedures
– Working cooperatively and respectfully with other crew members
– Conducting field tests of parks and trails using an accessibility audit tool
Job Posting Closing Date: April 30, 2021 at 5pm
Contract Duration: May 10th, 2021 – April 8th, 2022
Eligible Clients will receive $573 weekly living supports through their local WorkBC Centre. For clients with disabilities, part time work can be acceptable as long as it is substantial enough to gain valuable work experience.
For more information please email:
Shane Bunce firstname.lastname@example.org