This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
One of well-known authentic Japanese Restaurant offering Aburi Oshi Sushi (literally ‘pressed sushi’) to local Vancouver community is looking for a Cook who is competent and has passion for both Japanese food & restaurant management.
As our mission is ‘offering highest quality of Japanese Sushi & Service to every customer in a reasonable price, in order to better assist our customers, we need someone who can support our head chef & kitchen staffs’ heavy duty at the restaurant.
Job title: Cook
Work location: 9602 Cameron Street, Burnaby, BC V3J 1M2
3416 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6R 2B3
Position available: 1
Wage: $15-$16 per hour
Working hours: 35 – 40 hours per week
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Benefit: 2 weeks paid vacation per year
- As all members at our kitchen are involved in menu innovation, optimization of operations, and joining together to bring a better food and service, with our main head chef and kitchen staffs, the right candidate should prepare food and mis-en-place for every customer visiting our store;
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping and storing food;
- Assist the head chef to manage inventory of food items and beverages;
- Since many of our food items are raw fish, he / she should be able to adapt menu dishes to accommodate customers with food allergies;
- In charge of preparing food equipment for service;
- In order to maintain the quality of our food, every kitchen staff, including this Cook candidate should clean kitchen and work area after the kitchen is closed;
- Fill in or assist the head chef.
- Completion of Secondary School
- +1 years of work experience of cooking
- Comfortable in an open-kitchen and interacting with customers / Passion for foods qualify and presentation.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment (Event and Catering and etc.)
- “Can-do” attitude is a must
- Working as a team to ensure food quality during the fast paced kitchen environment.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates are welcomed to apply with a cover letter and resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of: Full-Time Cook – Green Leaf Sushi Cafe. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Inquiries: e-mail only please.
***All qualified candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.