We have a full-time, term opportunity (one year) for a Coordinator, Airline Client Relations based out of the South Terminal in the Passenger Journey Department. Reporting to the Manager, Passenger Programs, the successful candidate will act as the main point of contact for Airlines and Above Wing Ground Handling issues and YVR.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the main liaison and point of contact for airlines, above wing ground handler management, south side partners and YVR
- Facilitating monthly, or as required, partner working group meetings; attending other related meetings as requested
- As a client representative, proactively engaging airline and southside clients to ensure their satisfaction and timely response to operational issues
- Participating in the creation, development and administrative management of the Airline and Business Partner cross departmental database, ensuring issues and performance are monitored
- Providing support for South Terminal airline partners and their needs relating to the slot coordination process
- Working with stakeholders to create, publish and maintain Terminal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) related to airline and southside operational policy and procedures
- Acting as YVR point of contact in supporting the onboarding of new airline start-ups at YVR
- Participating, as required, with YVR internal cross functional department projects including acting as a key representative of airline and southside business sector interests
- As a member of the Customer Care Terminal response team, participating in seasonal, ad hoc or irregular events as required
- Providing support for Passenger Program initiatives that aim to enhance the experience for all at both Main and South terminal.
Key qualifications include:
- Five years’ experience in professional customer service client relationship roles, supplemented by a university degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- An understanding of aviation, including knowledge of internal and external operations; knowledge of the airport facility is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with service quality and process improvement opportunities including looking for innovative solutions where possible
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills with the ability to negotiate positive outcomes
- Public speaking experience, including design, development, implementation and delivery; proven ability to chair meetings and give presentations
- Excellent communication skills; this includes written communication with the ability to compile information from a variety of sources and distill it for our client audience, as well as conflict resolution
- Detail orientated individual
- Ability to work as a team member or independently in a fast-paced setting with the flexibility and resourcefulness to adapt in an ever-changing environment; this includes multitasking and prioritizing work with tight timelines
- Demonstrated skills working with Excel, Power Point, Word and YVR internal IT tools
- A sense of humour, a positive outlook and a win-win attitude
- Travel when required
- Shift work when required to support air carriers operating time frames
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Health and safety are at the core of how we operate at YVR. We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace for our workforce and protecting the health and safety of our employees, passengers, partners and community by taking reasonable, preventative measures to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a valid exemption is granted for those unable to be vaccinated.
Apply online at https://careers.yvr.ca/en/job/vancouver/coordinator-airline-client-relations/38253/28053187424