We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Director, Facilitation and Passenger Programs, reporting to the Vice President, Passenger Journey. The successful candidate will be accountable for the development, implementation and performance of an effortless passenger journey through Vancouver International Airport that exceeds our passenger’s expectations. They will be a key contributor to the senior leadership team at YVR as we drive towards our strategic objectives in support of our overall purpose of serving the community and the economy that supports it.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://canadastop100.com/bc/.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sets strategic vision, annual strategy, goals and objectives for the Facilitation and Passenger Program department to optimize passenger experience and satisfaction
- Leads development of operational planning for all passenger processes and terminal based on data and insights
- Drives the development of the digital effortless passenger journey
- Develops a comprehensive research and analytics program to understand our passengers, evaluate our performance and support the broader organization with insights
- Works closely with government relations and agencies to pursue regulatory changes required to improve processes and simplify the passenger journey
- Builds and maintains strong network of internal and external relationships with airline and agency partners to ensure a passenger focus is embedded throughout YVR; works in partnership with various internal and external stakeholder groups to champion best-in-class comprehensive customer and client satisfaction including government agencies, airlines and suppliers
- Delivers a clean and hygienic terminal experience that instills confidence in travelling public while delivering efficiency and effective costs management
- Defines and delivers excellence in passenger programs, experience delivery and influencing third-party business partners to do the same; provides strong vision and support for delivery of passenger programs including accessibility, research and analytics, health screening, South Terminal operation, operational planning, terminal cleanliness and facilitation
- Makes decisions and recommendations regarding complex customer issues
- Acts as Senior Manager on Duty, responding to Operations Manager for support of overall airport operations in case of incident or emergency; available to attend airport in emergency per schedule
- Provides leadership to the team with guidance and direction on both business functions as well as career and professional development, enabling, coaching, providing feedback, assisting with challenges and encouraging and fostering growth; demonstrates organization leadership behaviours and holds team members accountable
Key qualifications include:
- Degree in Business/Commerce or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 8 to 10 years progressive experience understanding, measuring, managing and translating customer needs into business strategies within complex organizations that have large and diverse customer bases
- Keen understanding of airport processes, regulatory environment and agencies, as well as the aviation industry and airline business
- Experience with critical thinking and setting strategic direction, engaging key stakeholders, and effectively executing strategies
- Proven ability to lead passenger experience excellence and improve satisfaction levels by conducting customer research, identifying industry trends, developing pragmatic solutions and implementing recommendations
- Experience successfully negotiating, leveraging, and monitoring partnership and supplier agreements
- Significant relationship management, customer service, consultation, solution building, continuous improvement and negotiation experience in a complex organization
- Solid demonstrated experience in managing budgets, pursuing efficiency and optimization and related financial resources
- Understands, and ideally has experience in, the constraints and opportunities of working in a regulated environment with a public entity and bargaining unit
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret a wide variety of business problems, issues and challenges to balance competing interests and to devise and implement appropriate and effective business and communications strategies
- Progressive leadership ability with open-minded, well-honed listening and interpersonal skills
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates may be required to take part in a management assessment process.
Apply online at https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/careers/current-opportunities