This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Society of Richmond Children’s Centres
The Society of Richmond Children’s Centres is a non-profit society whose mission is to provide exemplary childcare in Richmond that includes play-based learning and family-centred care in an enriching creative environment. We are currently looking for a fun, loving, passionate Early Childhood Education Worker to join our team at Gardens Children’s Centre.
Position: Early Childhood Education Worker
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Wage: $20.21 – $22.17 per hour (Depending on Work Experience)
*not including the Compensation Contribution Program of $1.80 per hour and the $2.00 per hour wage enhancement (less applicable withholdings, deductions and remittance)*
Working Hours: 30 hours/week
Working Location: Gardens Children’s Centre (10640 No 5 Rd, Richmond, BC V7A 4E5)
Benefits (may be altered from time to time and at anytime in our sole discretion):
- Cost-shared extended medical and dental program (70% SRCC, 30% Employee) after six months of employment;
- $40 per month Health and Wellness benefit and Paid Professional Development after six months of employment;
- SRCC Group RRSP plan (SRCC contributes $100 per year as well as match your annual RRSP contribution to a maximum of $400 per year) after six months of employment;
- Paid day off for birthday;
- 6% Vacation Pay.
Number of Position(s): 1
Estimated Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- Plan, design, implement, and assess activities and experiences for the child that are developmentally and culturally appropriate and that reflect the Society of Richmond Children’s Centres philosophy of emergent/responsive curriculum;
- Guide children to acquire positive self-help, problem-solving skills and creativity by delivering activities including storytelling, games, arts and crafts, music, dance, and physical activities;
- Plan, design, implement and assess all areas of the children’s program and environments with respect to ensuring optimum health and safety for each child. Report immediately all concerns regarding unsafe equipment, environments or materials;
- Assess the growth, development, interests and needs of children and communicate with parents and staff team members regarding their progress or any signs of complications and problems;
- Provide ample time for communicating with parents that will ensure that parents understand and respond to messages for and about their children;
- Assist children with eating snacks, toileting, washing hands, dressing and sleeping;
- Work in a respectful partnership with staff team members and community service workers or professionals working with children.
- Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education or a bachelor’s degree in child development is required;
- Early Childhood Educator Certificate issued by Province of British Columbia is required;
- Working knowledge of English ability is required;
- Previous experience in Early Childhood Education would be an asset, but not a mandatory requirement.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail us your resume and cover letter to Jun-Young Bok (email@example.com) with the subject line of: Full-time Early Childhood Education Worker at Society of Richmond Children’s Centres. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe may be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: E-mail only please.
Society of Richmond Children’s Centres is an equity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
We only hire individuals authorized for employment in Canada. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.