YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 14 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://canadastop100.com/bc/.
We have permanent, full-time opportunities for Electricians in the Maintenance Department. Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance Services, and working as part of a multi-trade crew, in the Electrical Compliance and Safety Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the upkeep and development of the electrical safety program at the Vancouver International Airport in compliance with the applicable Codes which include and are not limited to; the Canadian Electrical Code, CSA Z462, CSA Z463 and safety standards act by providing compliance and oversight for the site Safety and maintenance in compliance with the BC Safety Authority Operating permit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting field reviews and inspections of electrical distribution, power, lighting, fire alarm and building systems
- Reviewing construction design documents and specifications for compliance with airport standards and applicable codes
- Developing Standards and operating procedures for various electrical tasks performed at the airport in compliance with CSA Z462 including:
- Baggage systems
- Terminal Power and lighting distribution
- Sea Island street lighting
- High voltage power distribution from 69Kv
- Generator sets
- Airfield lighting
- Water/sewage systems
- Microprocessor-based controllers
- PLC based control systems
- Assisting in developing Preventive maintenance procedures in compliance with CSA Z462 and CSA Z463 for all electrical work performed on Sea Island for Airport Authority buildings and assets
- Auditing the electrical distribution for compliance with the BC safety authority operating permit.
Key qualifications include:
- BC Trade Qualification as an Electrician (Red Seal); preference will be given to persons with dual ticketed trades
- At least five years’ experience in an industrial environment including maintenance of electrical systems, fire alarms and high voltage
- Knowledge of municipal, provincial and national codes and standards as they apply to electrical systems (Building Code and Electrical Code)
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently, with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proactive and customer focused
- Demonstrated ability to make safety a top priority
- Valid BC driver’s license
Shift work may be required as the Maintenance Department operates on a 24-hour basis.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
To apply https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/careers/current-opportunities