Position overview: Executive Assistants are highly valued at YVR. We are looking for an extremely capable individual with exceptional organizational, time management and people skills, and the ability to deliver YVR’s purpose and culture to our customers, internal team and stakeholders every single day. You will enjoy autonomy and the challenge of using a diverse range of administrative skills to support one of our key executive team members. His success will be yours and the team’s success, in a shared environment where collaboration is paramount.
Key responsibilities include:
• Work directly with the VP & Chief External Affairs (CEA) to support all aspects of his daily work routine
• Maintain the CEA’s calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments, speaking engagements, and travel (may include domestic and international) arrangements
• Serve as a liaison between the CEA, YVR staff and the public
• Coordinate work with other YVR staff as needed; play a key role in the coordination of staff efforts both within and outside the department
• Assist the CEA in the development of presentations, reports and papers for internal and external audiences
• Schedule departmental meetings; assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and materials
• Complete a variety of special projects including creating PowerPoint presentations, financial spreadsheets, special reports and agenda material
• Other additional and/or alternative duties as assigned from time to time, including supporting other departments or executives, as needed Key qualifications include:
• 3-5 years’ demonstrated administrative support experience at the executive level, supplemented by a post-secondary education (Bachelor’s degree preferred); a quick learner who is interested in the dynamic operation of YVR airport
• A strong desire to learn a complex ecosystem and a passion to help build the operating environment of the future
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with solid editing and proof-reading capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a changing environment and capacity to work well under pressure, independently
• Advanced Office 365 skills required to prepare correspondence, reports, newsletters, spreadsheets and presentations, and manage a large volume of email
• Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas• Comfortable interacting with high-level executives
• Financial knowledge with the ability to prepare budgets and forecasts
• Team player who enjoys collaboration and has a willingness to assist other Executive Assistants during peak periods, as well as providing coverage during absences, if necessary.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external applicants. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Reference no.: 23-160To apply: Visit https://careers.yvr.ca/en