Administration Reports to:
Finance OfficerSupervises: N/ARole
Type: Supportive Workdays & Hours: Two to three days per week , between 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, with flexibility to accommodate scheduled meetings, pay cycles and events outside of regular days and hours.
Work Location(s): Technology for Living’s main office with some flexibility to work from home.
Attendance at outside meetings and events may be required, at times.
Status: Permanent Part-time (15 – 22.5 hours per week)
Wage Type: Hourly. Overtime is discouraged and must be approved prior to working.
Key responsibilities of the Finance Clerk position include: collecting, processing, coding and filing of accounts payable using Quickbooks Online; issuing, coding, recording and filing of accounts receivable using Quickbooks Online; processing and some coding of employee VISA statements; developing and maintaining efficient filing systems; onboarding new employees including assisting with taxation forms and criminal record checks; ensuring adequate support for staff as it relates to expenses, payroll and benefits; liaising with external accounting firm; backfilling some of the Finance Officer’s responsibilities when the FO is absent. Finance Clerk Position Profile Updated: June 28, 2022
POSITION TASKS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
• Creates and issues AR invoices, including proper coding of revenue against our internal budget and entry into Quickbooks Online.
• Receives and verifies payments received by the company accurately and promptly.
• Reviews all activities in the accounts receivable function
.• Follows-through with collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with pas due accounts, keeping track of cash receipts and referring accounts to collection agencies, if required.
• Ensures accurate receivable records and verifies outstanding account balances.• Deposits cheques into bank account using deposit card.
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the complete collection and processing of Accounts Payable invoices, received via mail, e-mail, or staff, including proper coding according to our internal budget and entry into Quickbooks Online.
• Reviews and verifies all purchase orders, statements, and invoices needed to prepare for payments.• Ensures Payment is approved for all A/P.
• Disburses monthly credit card statements to appropriate staff for receipt collection and submissi onto their direct reports for approval and assists staff with reconciliation of VISA statement as required.
• Processes and/or ensures approved VISA statements are processed in Quickbooks Online.
• Possible assistance processing A/P payments using RBC PayEdge.
• Identifies and resolves any discrepancies to an account.
• Tracks all payment and transaction records using applicable systems.
• Preparing printed manual cheques as instructed by the FO or ED.HR
• Provide financial paperwork for new employees: signing up the employee with all necessary payroll and CRA forms; signing up employees to benefits and the Municipal Pension Plan after they have completed the required probationary period and other requirements; process the criminal record check, creating a paper and electronic HR file for new employees.
• Assist new employees’ orientation as it relates to timesheets, payment process and benefits program.
• Assist the FO or complete all required paperwork for employees leaving the organization including terminating the MPP and group health benefits .Finance Clerk Position Profile Updated: June 28, 2022 General
Financial Clerk Responsibilities:
• Checking and processing all donations received via third party platforms such as Canada Helps etc.• Processing direct donations received using Quickbooks Online.
• Drafting thank you letters and creating official receipts for tax purposes to donors and sponsors for direct donations received.
• Maintaining organization’s electronic financial & vendor files.• Ordering the reward cards from the credit card provider as points accumulate.
• Investigating staff questions on financial transactions using Quickbooks Online (ie. has a grant been received?)
• Processes EFT/Direct Deposit forms.• Assists with the annual audit and/or the annual budgeting process, as required by the FO or accountants.
• Light general office duties, as required. I.e., answering and greeting guests into the office, receiving deliveries etc.
• Participate in monthly general staff meetings; attend other meetings as required.• As requested, and within scope of the job.
• Payroll processing using Payworks may be included.
COMPETENCIES (ACTIONS, BEHAVIOURS & SKILLS) REQUIRED FOR JOB SUCCESS
• Post-secondary education with an emphasis on finance and/or bookkeeping• At least 2 years’ experience working with accounts payable and receivables
• At least 3 years’ working in a professional office environment
• Advanced working knowledge of Quickbooks Online is required
• An understanding of the full accounting cycle
• Solid working knowledge and/or experience processing payroll would be an asset
• Solid working knowledge and/or experience using RBC PayEdge would be an asset
• Advanced working knowledge of computer application programs, including Microsoft Office (Excel,Word)
• Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities
• Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience• Demonstrates confident, tactful, diplomatic, and professional verbal and written communication skills in the English language
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact/communicate effectively with co-workers, members, caregivers, and other professionals in a friendly, respectful, courteous, and empathetic manner
Finance Clerk Position Profile Updated: June 28, 2022
• Ability to think analytically and use sound judgment and tact
• Attention to detail• Work collaboratively, cooperatively, and effectively with others to resolve challenges and make decisions to enhance the services offered to our members and team members
• Skillful at identifying and rectifying potential problems, roadblocks and/or challenges
• Creative thinker with an interest to introduce new initiatives that will support the operations of the department
• Experience in a non-profit organization is an asset
• Must be legally qualified to work in Canada• Successful applicant must pass BC Criminal Records Check (vulnerable sector)GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR THE EMPLOYEES OF TECHNOLOGY FOR LIVING
• Commit to supporting and prioritizing the Technology for Living’s Mission, Vision and Goals when engaged in all work activities
.• Always work towards the completion of the department’s goals.
• Respect individual differences and unique contributions. Seek to understand. Be curious. Choose compassion. Be flexible and accommodating.
• Participate proactively and collaboratively in all departmental, organizational, and outside partnership meetings, training, planning sessions, events etc.
• Commit to continuous learning within the scope of the position by actively identifying new areas for learning and regularly taking advantage of learning opportunities
.• Handle multiple and competing priorities with an attitude of calmness and professionalism in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to be flexible and respond to new or unexpected events.
• Be autonomous, self-motivated, and proactive; responds thoughtfully and takes independent action.
• Adhere to and be aware of all Technology for Living’s current HR Policy & Procedures.
• Keep all client & Technology for Living information confidential and protected at all times.
For more information, please contact Joan Kluge – firstname.lastname@example.org