We have an exciting permanent, full-time opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner at YVR. Reporting to the Director, People Experience, the successful candidate will support the business in translating our strategic plan into integrated and diverse people programs to meet our future demands. We see this role as the curator of ‘aha!’ moments via building and implementing people programs, while coaching leaders to deliver business results. We are very proud of our modern, outcome-based relationship with our local union, so we are looking for someone who understands what this means and has strong experience in supporting the design and implementation of leading-edge people programs.
In return, we can provide an environment where your voice will be heard, and you will be able to make a difference. Of course, the role comes with a competitive salary and benefits program and much more.
Key responsibilities include:
- As the initial point of contact to the business, consult with leaders to understand and identify broad issues impacting workplace effectiveness and plan and develop HR strategies and solutions to meet business requirements while maintaining consistency with the HR Talent Strategy
- Strategically and proactively aligning People Experience plans to support the achievement of Airport Authority corporate objectives and culture
- Support areas including employee and labour relations, employee investigations, employee engagement, recruitment, learning and development, coaching, performance management, succession planning, change management, attendance support, job evaluation, diversity, inclusion & belonging, and more!
- Play a central role in designing and implementing new and refreshed HR programs, policies, and processes that align with employee needs and feedback while reinforcing and supporting corporate strategy
- Lead ad hoc initiatives and programs to support the organizational goals and HR Talent Strategy, e.g., employee engagement surveys
Key qualifications include:
- A minimum of 8 years’ HRBP or Senior HR Generalist experience resolving complex employee and labour relations issues, supplemented by a CPHR designation or equivalent (or CPHR candidate with ability to obtain certification within 1 year of employment) and a post-secondary degree; or an equivalent combination in training, education and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ HR leadership experience at a management level and a minimum 3 years’ experience working in a unionized environment
- Experience designing and delivering programs in a fast-paced organization
- A skilled presenter and an engaging facilitator with strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Well-developed project management skills with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities
- Excellent relationship building skills and strong stakeholder management expertise
Apply online at https://careers.yvr.ca/job/vancouver/human-resources-business-partner/38253/56323286928