Intermediate or Senior Project Engineer – Engineering Projects Department Permanent Full-time One of YVR’s major goals is to have net zero emissions by 2030. This ambitious goal creates many opportunities for us to work with our partners and the airport community on projects to achieve this target. The Engineering Projects Department is an integral part of YVR, we support the construction and development projects on Sea Island. The Engineering Department works with internal and external to achieve the goals of YVR Executive Team and leadership.
Position overview: Are you passionate about civil engineering? Do you have knowledge of the construction industry practices and standards? Are you interested in building your career in the aviation industry? We have permanent, full-time opportunities for Intermediate or Senior Project Engineers in the Engineering Projects Department. Reporting to the Manager, Airside Engineering Projects, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of a diverse array of construction projects of varying complexity, with a focus on airfield pavements, roads, utilities, and industrial facilities.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing assigned capital projects including developing project requirements, project scope, budget and schedule
• Preparing and delivering on project implementation plans in collaboration with Airport Operations and Maintenance, while acting as a leader in the areas of construction safety and environmental stewardship
• Assisting in the preparation and evaluation of Request for Proposal and Tender documents, including scope of work definition, technical requirements and schedule constraints
• Managing design teams to meet desired project outcomes while adhering to scope, schedule and budget
• Maintaining and managing project budgets including forecasting costs and risk management
• Liaising with internal Airport Authority departments and external stakeholders throughout the projects, such as managing construction contracts, work progress, change orders, payments and disputes
Key qualifications include:
• Minimum of five years’ (for Intermediate Project Engineer) or ten years’ (for Senior Project Engineer) experience managing construction projects in the design, construction or consulting industry; supplemented by a post-secondary degree in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering
• Registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer with the Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC); completion of the Law and Ethics seminar is required
• Knowledge of construction industry practices and standards; knowledge of airport operations is an asset
• Strong project management, organization and documentation abilities
• Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
• Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external applicants. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Who We Are YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters. At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive. We strive to provide an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities, allowing us to better serve them.Whatever your background and wherever you’re from, you belong at YVR. We want to make sure you truly belong and help you reach your full potential.
If you have any questions about accessibility or require any assistance applying, please reach out at email@example.com.Join us on this journey as we continue to transform our airport to better serve our communities.
Reference no.: 23-159To apply: Visit https://careers.yvr.ca/en