YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 14 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://canadastop100.com/bc/.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Manager, Apron Operations. Reporting to the Director, Airside Operations, and the successful candidate is accountable to set standards as well as develop and maintain programs, policies and procedures for our various aprons and stands (passenger, cargo and general aviation). This includes ensuring we understand the needs of our customers, stakeholders and standards and regulations through collaboration, consultation and expertise. Programs, plans, policies and procedures must reflect safe and efficient operation of aircraft, ground service equipment and vehicles moving around YVR. The proponent will ensure training and competency exists in all areas through the measuring of Key Performance Indicators, leading stakeholder working groups and committees, and addressing gaps or challenges identified. This role demands a progressive, proven leader who demonstrates transparency, accountability and integrity. You must be a self-starter who can work flexibly in a complex, fast paced and changing environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of Coordinators, and managing contract service partners in planning for and delivering a safe, efficient apron environment for use
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships with airlines and ground handlers, as well as internal and external stakeholders to be able to anticipate, respond and react to changing needs and conditions, address concerns and apply solutions
- Maintaining and further developing apron programs, training and monitoring to support effective ground handler operations now and into the future through program and space planning and leasing, ensuring needs are understood and met, and working to ensure future needs are planned for and provisioned
- Leading YVR’s program which ensures safe vehicle operation and conditions in our airside environment (Airside Traffic Directives/Airside Vehicle Operators Permit)
- Ensuring consistent Aircraft Stand Readiness for use by airline and ground handler stakeholders and based on the needs established by our Capacity Management team
- Supporting Cargo Operations in collaboration with YVR’s Cargo and Business Development team by working with our cargo partners to understand their operation and its unique needs and develop programs and plans to ensure YVR can support cargo operational delivery
- Supporting effective delivery of the operation; this includes developing and monitoring performance metrics and identifying program improvements needed to streamline the operation
- Initiating and leading projects to maintain and improve conditions of the apron, apron assets or apron environment
- Supporting Winter Operations and apron specific needs as part of a broader team
- Technical expertise in supporting planning and execution of apron operations to meet standards and practices as well as regulatory and safety requirements
- Budget management
Key qualifications include:
- At least 10 years’ experience working within an aviation or operational environment with three to five years’ management-level experience
- Demonstrated experience leading diverse teams, supplemented by a bachelor’s degree in a field related to Aviation, Operations Management, Business or Engineering; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Strong business acumen including demonstrated experience developing and implementing operational plans and programs
- Proven high level of independent judgment and critical thinking skills
- Comfort multitasking and balancing competing needs and interests of many business partners
- Ability to collaborate positively with peers, customers, and service providers through leadership of working groups and committees
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills to prioritize within a complex portfolio
- Experience within Aviation and Airports with a working knowledge of the applicable regulatory requirements
- Ability to translate ambiguity into clarity for team and stakeholders
This position is open to Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position. Candidates must be able to work irregular hours occasionally as the role or season dictate. Applicants must hold a valid class 5 driver’s licence as ability to obtain a licence to drive airside (Airside Vehicle Operators Permit) is a requirement of this role.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates may be required to take part in a management assessment process.
To Apply https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/careers/current-opportunities