YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 14 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team. As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://canadastop100.com/bc/.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Manager, Passenger Operations. Reporting to the Director, Operations, the successful candidate is accountable to ensure our team and operation are ready to deliver the day. This includes ensuring we have done the right operational planning, contingency and resilience readiness and training, and ensuring safe and compliant conditions are always present in our terminal environment. We must strive to deliver a seamless end to end product throughout the terminal, maximizing the efficiency of our operation, as well as liaising with internal and external stakeholders to react and respond to changing needs and conditions. This role demands a progressive, proven leader who demonstrates transparency, accountability and integrity. You must be a self-starter who can work flexibly in a complex, fast paced and changing environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leads the Passenger Operations team to drive customer satisfaction and value and leads the execution throughout terminal operations
- Ensures excellent service delivery to passengers through a matrix of operational delivery methods including YVR resources and processes, third-party contracts, contract delivery and customer issue resolution
- Champions best-in-class customer satisfaction and creates an environment to support ongoing personal learning, process improvement and change
- Works with the Passenger Journey team to build and maintain a strong network of internal relationships to ensure that customer focus is embedded throughout YVR and deliver initiatives delivered with collaboration and support across YVR
- Works with the Director and other managers in Passenger Journey to define and deliver a world class passenger journey experience through service levels, KPIs and continuous improvements
- Manages any Passenger Operations contracts while continually evaluating efficiencies within the service agreement to provide world class customer service aligned with the Passenger Journey strategy
- Provides support and direction to the team – this includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
Key qualifications include:
- At least 10 years’ experience working within an aviation or an operational environment with at least five years’ management-level experience, including demonstrated experience leading diverse teams, supplemented by a bachelor’s degree in a field related to Aviation, Operations Management or Business; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with proven ability to manage, interpret and derive insight from data presented, then develop and implement operational plans and programs
- Demonstrated experience in business and operational planning cycles, setting requirements and constraints, and translating that to execution plans for operational delivery/implementation
- Proven high level of independent judgment and critical thinking skills
- Comfort multitasking and balancing competing needs and interests
- Ability to collaborate positively with peers, customers and service providers in high stress and challenging discussions enabling effective 24×7 service and remediation when required
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills to prioritize within a complex portfolio
- Ability to translate ambiguity into clarity for team and stakeholders
This position is open to Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position. Candidates must be able to work irregular hours occasionally as the role or season dictates. As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates may be required to take part in a management assessment process.