YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone. The Supply Management team is looking for a Manager, Supply Management (Engineering & Construction) who is keen to take on the initiative and contribute to the overall vision and growth of the Supply Management function as a key enabler to supporting the overarching YVR Strategic Goals and Objectives.
Reporting to the Director, Supply Management, this role is at the helm of managing all procurement for major engineering and construction projects taking place within YVR. With a reach across the entire organization, it requires strategic oversight to ensure high-complexity initiatives like runway building, terminal renovations and road resurfacing are executed skillfully with corporate-wide implications in mind.
This role will lead a team of 4 staff while supervising design build contracts and providing collaborative consultation every step of way. By utilizing their expertise in negotiation tactics, they find solutions which save on resources while maintaining critical timelines within our company’s capital plans.
- Act as a representative in administering procurement activities with suppliers while establishing an operational framework for fulfillment and overseeing the development of procurement strategies.
- Prepare, issue, and manage the RFQ/RFP process for the addenda, post-tender clarification, and analysis of commercial response, negotiation, recommendation, and award.
- Analyze current procurement activities and spend, track cost savings and other metrics and drive continuous improvement in efficient procurement methods, standardization, and value analysis.
- Establish performance measures (savings results, contract supplier performance, efficiency gains, etc.) to ensure best practices in performance and response time.
- Mentor, develop, and coach staff, ensuring ongoing professional development and management of performance.
- University Degree in relevant field – Supply Management, Business, Engineering, Finance, Law or related is preferred.
- Supply Chain Management Professional, Project Management Professional or Certified Construction Contract Administrator.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible senior procurement or supply chain roles.
Apply online at https://careers.yvr.ca/job/vancouver/manager-supply-management-engineering-and-construction/38253/42935152016