YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone. The Supply Management team is looking for a Manager, Supply Management (Supply Services) who is keen to take on the initiative and contribute to managing & exploiting changing business conditions to deliver the best value procurement to the organization.
Reporting to the Director, Supply Management, the role is a critical part in ushering YVR into an exciting era. Leading by example with category management principles and utilizing cutting-edge market intelligence gathering techniques, they will provide innovative strategies for contract acquisition that adhere to best practices during implementation.
This role will lead a team of 6 staff in the Services team, and work with stakeholders across all levels to build collaborative partnerships. Responsibilities extend beyond day-to-day management; negotiating pricing for cost effective services/products while drawing up contracts to ensure smooth delivery – forming a critical component of our Supply Management Team. Become part of this dynamic organization by taking ownership over your duties and making sure we unlock the best value from engaging vendors.
- Act as a representative in administering procurement activities with suppliers while establishing an operational framework for fulfillment and overseeing the development of procurement strategies.
- Prepare, issue, and manage the RFQ/RFP process including the addenda, post-tender clarification, and analysis of commercial response, negotiation, recommendation, and award.
- Analyze current procurement activities and spend, tracks cost savings and other metrics and drive continuous improvement in efficient procurement methods, standardization, and value analysis.
- Establish performance measures (savings results, contract supplier performance, efficiency gains, etc.) to ensure best practices in performance measurement and response time.
- Mentor, develop, and coach staff, ensuring ongoing professional development and management of performance
- University Degree in relevant field – Supply Management, Business, Engineering, Finance, Law or related is preferred.
- Supply Chain Management Professional, Project Management Professional or Certified Construction Contract Administrator.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible senior procurement or supply chain roles.
Apply online at https://careers.yvr.ca/job/vancouver/manager-supply-management-supply-services/38253/42935151984