YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 14 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team. As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://canadastop100.com/bc/.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Manager, Technology Services (Cyber Security) in the Innovative Technology Group. Reporting to the Director, Technology Services, the successful candidate will proactively maintain YVR’s cyber security posture and all attributes of the Cyber Security program. They will also ensure that YVR’s cyber security posture is strong and that we are always well protected.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with service provider to ensure high standard of delivery
- Managing cyber security intake queue and effectively prioritizing team’s work
- Managing staff and contractors; providing support and direction to the Cyber Security Team – this includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
- Effectively collaborating with the Innovative Technology Group peer managers to effectively drive cyber remediation efforts and risk mitigation
- Managing the cyber incident response process
- Ensuring the director is well informed and that appropriate escalations occur
- Providing support and direction to the Cyber Security Team – this includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
Key qualifications include:
- At least five years’ cyber security experience in a high-volume environment and two to five years’ people management experience, supplemented by a post-secondary degree in Computer Science or equivalent; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be comfortable in a self-directed role
- Experience in incident remediation and root cause analysis
- Certifications in cyber security such as CISSP, ISP
Apply online at https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/careers/current-opportunities