Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to deliver on our purpose: to serve our community and the economy that supports it. Safety is at the core of everything we do – we’re innovative, built for purpose and we invest in our people. We offer a competitive total rewards package and a holistic approach to wellness to ensure everyone is equipped to thrive in their role. And we are looking for someone special to join our team!
We have an exciting permanent, full-time opportunity for a Manager, Total Rewards, reporting to the Director, Human Resources. At our core, we are a people business; therefore, this business lead manager role will help redefine our total rewards strategy through to its implementation. The role will engage with all levels in the organization from executives to bargaining union positions. Its accountabilities will include a portfolio of compensation, benefits, retirement, payroll, job analysis and evaluation, and HR technology. This role has a small, but customer focused team and broad engagement with many vendor and partners.
As Canada’s second busiest airport, YVR connects BC proudly to the world. We are also a gateway for learning, leading innovations and connecting with our business partners and community, which we foster through our Innovation Hub @ YVR. Environmental sustainability is a priority and we are the first airport in Canada to commit to becoming net zero by 2030. Join the team today and help us achieve our strategic goals. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the Total Rewards Strategy, including intrinsic and extrinsic rewards, and compensation including base pay, pay for performance, and benefits for executives, excluded (non-union and bargaining unit (union employees)
- Manage the job analysis/evaluation and market assessment processes for fair and equitable compensation, at a regular cadence and for ad hoc requests
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the benefits program for all levels, including vendor management, plan design, employee education and engagement, dispute resolution, compliance, and communications
- Analyse and report on variances to budgeted salaries and wages, on a monthly basis; budgeting and forecasting the goods and services expenses
- Manage and monitor the retirement programs, including defined benefit pensions and defined contribution pensions and RRSP plans; oversee the performance of vendor partners and the convening and governance of the Pension Management Committee
- Oversee the payroll accounting process and the annual audit
- Provide updates to the Human Resources Committee of the Board
- Supporting team members and ensuring performance management processes are followed; this includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
Key qualifications include:
- 5 years’ experience in leading a total rewards strategies and implementation
- 3 to 5 years managerial experience
- Business related bachelor’s degree or combination of education and training in HR and Accounting/Finance
- Certified Compensation Professional, Certified Employee Benefits Specialist and/or Chartered Professional in Human Resources are considered an asset(s)
- Strong collaboration skills as participant in complex cross department projects
- Team player with well-developed emotional and social intelligence to coach a high performing team
This position is open to Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We value the contributions of all employees and are committed to employment equity and diversity initiatives that work together to create a feeling of belonging for all employees. By being more inclusive and supportive of diversity in our hiring efforts, we can draw on a wider field of excellence from across diverse groups in the region. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://canadastop100.com/bc/.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates may be required to take part in a management assessment process.
Application deadline: July 11, 2021