YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 14 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://canadastop100.com/bc/.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for an Operations Resource Planner in the Operations Department. Reporting to the Manager, Operations Centre, the successful candidate will create and maintain the Airport Operations shift schedule to ensure adequate staffing levels at all time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring staffing levels (short and long term), identifying and reporting irregularities to managers; providing solutions that are in line with the Collective Agreement
- Ensuring that published Shift Schedules are accurate and updated in a timely manner
- Applying rules of the Collective Agreement to employee schedules (updating Kronos with work/pay rules and codes)
- Reviewing activities as they relate to Airport Operations staffing levels on a short- and long-term basis including the integration of training requirements. Predicting and planning for impacts
- Forecasting future staff coverage requirements and providing schedule options to meet the needs of the operation
- Maintaining accurate scheduling records for Operations staff; this includes training, employee status and seniority, as well as leave taken and available
- Annually building shift schedules for Operations shift workers based on management’s requirements
- Facilitating the vacation bidding process in accordance with the collective agreement
- Liaising with the Human Resources department to balance employee hours, providing support with interpreting schedules and coordinating system adjustments when implementing new schedule patterns
- Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and processing of leave requests, shift trades
- Providing support to Operations Managers and employees Assisting employees and managers with time sheet submissions
- Preparation of documents and materials as required for presentations or reports
- Providing scheduling expertise during system upgrades
- Troubleshooting minor system issues related to scheduling
- Providing support to Operations managers and employees on new HRIS (Human Resource Information System); time/attendance and schedule systems
Key qualifications include:
- Recent, related experience in resource planning, supplemented by completion of a one- to two-year post-secondary program; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of resource planning in a unionized environment
- Strong computer skills including experience with Excel, Kronos Timekeeper and Advanced Scheduling
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced operational environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
To apply https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/careers/current-opportunities