Must be BCEA Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
Do you need on-the-job work experience and skills training?
Contact the WorkBC Centre to learn more!
Enter WorkBC Centre Location and Contact information here (Phone Number)
ACCESS & INCLUSION, COVID RESPONSIBLE RECREATION INFRASTRUCTURE 2021
the PLANNING and RESEARCH ASSISTANT will learn to perform accessibility assessments, collect and evaluate data, research amenities, compile a data base and prepare reports to assist with creating a Trail Masterplan for Nanaimo and Region specific to 3-wheel off-road handcycles.
Participants will gain hands-on work experience/skills through the following activities:
– Performing research related to accessibility, physical literacy and COVID policy which could include assessing trails using an adapted mountain bike
– Conducting detailed assessments of parks and trails
– Collecting and reviewing data, report writing, and making recommendations for planning
– Participating in stakeholder engagement and community consultations to positively influence acessibility in your community
– Perform research related to accessibility, physical literacy and COVID policy
Job Posting Closing Date: April 30, 2021 at 5pm
Contract Duration: May 10th, 2021 – April 8th, 2022
Eligible Clients will receive $573 weekly living supports through their local WorkBC Centre. For clients with disabilities, part time work can be acceptable as long as it is substantial enough to gain valuable work experience.
For more information please email: