YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC Proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 14 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness. And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-vancouver-airport.
We have a full-time term opportunity (to July 2022) for a Reporting Analyst, Project Management Office (PMO). This role will provide business and data analysis to the PMO and the organization in support of the development and delivery of the Airport Authority’s Capital Program. Through the creation and maintenance of data capturing tools and establishing the processes and reporting required, this role will be vital to enabling capital portfolio financial and process decision making across the organization.
Reporting to the Manager, Project Control, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with continuous improvement mindset, strong analytical skills and decision-making capacity. This individual will be detail-oriented, possessing strong business and finance skills and who can work both independently and collaboratively with numerous teams. The key to success in this role will be the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across departments to help enable portfolio decision making and project prioritization to support the delivery of the Capital Portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
Data capture and reporting methodology and framework: Develop and maintain the PMO database information to:
• Ensure all interfaces between business cases, project and portfolio status reports and applicable corporate financial and reporting systems function properly.
• Develop efficient methods of data capture, extraction and data analysis processes/systems.
• Conduct trend variance analysis and provide insight into the data and emerging trends.
• Ensure data integrity and controls are currentData Analysis and Integrity: Analyze and monitor progress of initiatives and ensure data is accurate by
:• Reviewing data base information and conducting analysis on individual project and overall portfolio progress including schedule, financial, resources and risks and issues.
• Communicating with Project Managers and Business Owners to ensure the quality and accuracy of project status information provides a true gauge of project and portfolio progress.
• Developing and recommending new processes and procedures to enhance project data capture, information workflow, and internal controls and project reporting.
• Ensuring project updates are provided by the PMs within the prescribed deadlines to enable effective and timely reporting to the organization.Capital Program reporting and documentation preparation: Provide data analysis and reporting to the PMO to support decision making relating to project management methodology and project delivery processes.
• Develop and prepare capital portfolio status reports to:o Support and enable capital portfolio decision making at all levels of the organization.o Support and enable project management methodology and process changes/decisions that impact the capital delivery process.
• Develop reports/data required to provide management with insight into the trends, emerging issues and concerns from the project tracking process.
Key qualifications include:
• At least five years’ experience in a combination of business/data analysis and/or project management, supplemented by a university degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Business Management, Financial Management, or Operations Management; or an equivalent combination of training and experience• PMP, IIBA and/or CPA designations would be a strong asset
• Technical writing, report writing, communication skills, negotiation skills, leadership skills, organizational and coordination skills, time/risk management and people management skills
• Knowledge of the Capital Delivery Process (CDP)
• Computer related skills – word processing, spreadsheets, project scheduling software
• Exceptional Microsoft Excel knowledge• Knowledge of key computer systems, Oracle, QlikView, Excel4Apps, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
• Knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices• Knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and best practices
• Knowledge of portfolios and processes of the Project Management Institute
• Strong analytical skills and ability to connect data to business problems
• Exceptional relationship management and trust building skills
• Exceptional business acumen and leadership presence
• Exceptional communication skills to include oral, written and presentation skills
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Reference no.: 21-09E
To apply: Visit http://www.yvr.ca > Careers > Current Opportunities