YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC Proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 14 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://canadastop100.com/bc/.
The Vancouver Airport Authority has an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Senior Business Analyst in the Innovation and Technology Group. Reporting to the Manager, Innovative Travel Solutions, the successful candidate will have a strong background in financial and purchasing systems and controls, as well as, business analysis and technical program management expertise to manage the business and technology aspects of core enterprise systems that are composed of multiple, complex business processes and technology systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of technology systems, which includes: incident review and resolution, change management, vendor management, relationship management and business unit support
- Configuring, testing and troubleshooting issues with vendor packaged solutions
- Designing, testing and troubleshooting integrations between vendor packaged solutions
- Ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner
- Eliciting and articulating user, system and operational requirements including, but not limited to, development of process maps / flows and process descriptions, requirements workshops, scope definition, feature definition, use case development, and business analysis
- Developing business cases, including cost/benefit analyses
- Recommending and implementing business solutions in response to the documented business requirements from various departments
- Leading system implementations of vendor packaged software
- Translating documented requirements into functional specifications
- Preparing and delivering presentations; facilitating business requirements and process review workshops
- Facilitating project deliverables and liaising with technical and business staff on the development and actualization of the requirements
- Documenting business workflows with an appropriate business tool such as Visio
Key qualifications include:
- At least 10 years’ post degree experience implementing and supporting enterprise-class applications in medium to large sized organizations, plus at least 5 years of business analysis and project management experience (senior level), supplemented by a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- One or more of the following formal certifications are required: Project Management Professional (PMP), Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CBAP), Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) and/or formal certification in specific and relevant software application(s)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and mediation skills to promote/negotiate client group acceptance and implementation of new/revised programs/products and services
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple activities of varying complexity while under time constraints
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills, including proven on-time, on-budget delivery of medium scale projects
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent documentation skills, including workflow documentation
- Strong vendor management and relationship building skills
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
Health and safety are at the core of how we operate at YVR. We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace for our workforce and protecting the health and safety of our employees, passengers, partners and community by taking reasonable, preventative measures to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a valid exemption is granted for those unable to be vaccinated.
Apply online at https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/careers/current-opportunities