The Supply Management team is looking for a Senior Buyer who is keen to take on the initiative and contribute to managing & exploiting changing business conditions to deliver the best value procurement to the organization.
The role centers around playing an integral part in ongoing supplier governance and relationship management, ensuring that appropriate total value of ownership is achieved through the life of contractual agreements. The Senior Buyer will solve problems creatively and have a high degree of business ethics to lead through influence. They are someone who possess excellent communication skills and work collaboratively with others.
- Develop, evaluate, and execute contract strategies to achieve best value procurement for the organization.
- Perform business intelligence analysis to guide and support business units for strategic and tactical procurement initiatives.
- Build and manage successful relationships with vendors and support vendor performance management.
- Procuring goods and services using a competitive process including preparing RFX documents and administrating entire procurement process through online bidding platform.
- Negotiate with vendors and prepare various agreements using template documents.
- Over 8 years of recent experience in procurement in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- A professional designation in Supply Chain Management (SCMP) is an asset.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Highly skilled at building and managing relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills in managing cross functional teams and projects
Apply online at https://careers.yvr.ca/job/vancouver/senior-buyer/38253/42884472976