We have an exciting, full-time term opportunity (one year) for a Senior Digital Content Strategist at YVR.
As one of the best loved brands in BC, we are proud of our strategic plan that is industry leading and driving change. This role would develop and oversee the overall strategy, management and execution for all digital channels including social media, website and internal intranet. This role serves as the online voice of the airport across all digital communications channels and is responsible for protecting and enhancing the reputation and brand of YVR across these powerful platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop the social marketing strategy for Vancouver International Airport that addresses the corporate goals of reputation and brand building – linked to Board approved messaging – while also factoring in the multitude of cross-departmental programs and initiative that are planned for the year(this role will work to establish priorities for digital content across the organization by assessing and utilizing the programs most vital to the corporate strategy)
- Manage all website content and oversee YVR.ca content and management platform
- Oversee and implement content strategy across all social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Weibo and WeChat)
- Create and deliver plans to train Marketing, Communications, Customer Service – Operations and Airport Operations Dispatchers to monitor, respond, support social interactions both planned and unplanned
- Manage internal digital intranet, OurYVR, and the platform with ThoughtFarmer
- Protect and promote the overall YVR brand by managing messaging and strategy on our social media channels in the event of a crisis or any irregular operation impacting airport operations
- Drive content generation through a centralized planned source and linking content to commercial revenue opportunities, key partners and issues management
- Develop and lead execution of a comprehensive and robust content calendar that factors inputs from all areas of the organization
- Identify and engage potential key Influencers (both local and international) to contribute to YVR’s social community and drive increased impressions, connection and revenue generation
Key qualifications include:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build solid relationships and work collaboratively with subject matter experts in various fields and at different levels within the organization
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks and competing demands in a high-volume environment within tight timelines
- Certifications related to social media engagement and platform management are necessary, as well as specific training in Google Analytics and Google AdWords to ensure expert literacy on core programs
- 10 years’ experience in social media and/or content management, supplemented by an undergraduate degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications and/or Digital Media or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
This position is well suited to an individual that is passionate about digital content strategy, has a creative mindset and thrives in an agile environment. Candidates of diverse backgrounds and/or having diverse lived experience are encouraged to apply.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be considered for all internal candidates who apply for this position.
Health and safety are at the core of how we operate at YVR. We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace for our workforce and protecting the health and safety of our employees, passengers, partners and community by taking reasonable, preventative measures to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a valid exemption is granted for those unable to be vaccinated.
Apply online at https://careers.yvr.ca/en/job/vancouver/senior-digital-content-strategist-maternity-leave/38253/27657330112