Job Code 24-20
YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone. As part of our Innovation and Technology Group, your work will help deliver industry-leading travel technology to transform the passenger experience. From strategic planning to project execution, the work you do matters and will help improve our processes to make our airport work better for our communities.
We have a full-time opportunity for an innovative Senior Technical Analyst – Data Warehouse Developer. This role will be part of the Advanced Analytics team, seeking a skilled Data Warehouse Developer with expertise in Azure Databricks technologies. If you are passionate about data, enjoy hands-on experience in data modelling, and have a successful track record of migrating from on-premises data warehouses to the cloud, we want to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the design and development of scalable and efficient data warehouse solutions using Azure Databricks as well as utilize hands-on experience in data modelling to create robust and optimized data structures.
- Develop technology roadmaps to ensure product stay aligned to the advancing enterprise architecture and business requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to understand data requirements and translate them into effective data warehouse solutions (communicating complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences).
- Prepare comprehensive technical documentation for data warehouse solutions.
- Identify and gather technical specifications and requirements for all systems, as assigned, for support, maintenance, and projects.
- Review the effectiveness of the systems in consultation with others and makes recommendations on potential enhancements.
Key qualifications include:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, or comparable education with minimum 10 years’ post degree experience working with data warehouse and developing business intelligence solutions.
- Knowledge and expertise with virtual server platforms, storage devices, cloud computing, relational databases and Data and Analytics.
- Good experience with data prep, data integration (ETL), data modelling, along with proficiency in working with Azure Databricks, experience with SQL and Python
- Experience in project, vendor and relationship management including mentoring junior resources.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, from end users to senior leaders.
- Expert level knowledge of technologies underlying assigned systems as well as expert level of critical thinking, analytical skills and troubleshooting capability.
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external applicants. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates may be required to participate in an assessment process.
Salary Range : $97,599 to $127,555 per annum, based on 37.5-hour work week. This is individually tailored to reflect your unique experience, qualifications, and internal equity.
Apply online at https://careers.yvr.ca/job/vancouver/senior-technical-analyst-data-warehouse-developer/38253/61082231616