Job Code 23-235
YVR is a place of connection, bringing together people, places and cargo while ensuring a safe and efficient experience for everyone.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Signage & Wayfinding Program Manager. Reporting to the Director, Terminal Journey, the successful candidate will lead the signage and wayfinding program team focused on enhancing the airports wayfinding system both in-terminal and groundside. This role will oversee two primary areas: Signage and Wayfinding Program and the Sign Shop
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement signage and wayfinding strategies and standards.
- Assess the needs of the program considering passenger flows, processes, and operational requirements. Conduct sign audits and assessments regularly evaluating the effectiveness of the airport’s signage and wayfinding program, identifying areas of improvement.
- Create a comprehensive plan of development and implementation of innovative signage and wayfinding systems at the airport and keeping abreast of the latest trends and technologies.
- Manage the Signage and Wayfinding Team by directing the work of all team members to ensure tasks are allocated effectively and the department is organized for success.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance and direction on signage and wayfinding elements of projects with stakeholders and Project Managers.
- Oversee sign shop operations and ensure policies and procedures are in place to support a broad group of users.
- Ensure sign production is efficient and that the optimal mix of in-house vs out-sourcing is maintained.
- Maintain a customer service approach to sign shop to ensure it delivers on expectations from the various user groups
Key qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education (bachelor’s level or equivalent) in business administration, or other related field.
- 5–7 years’ experience working on program management for a large corporation. Airport experience is an asset.
- Signage and Wayfinding experience is also an asset.
- Knowledge in Signage and wayfinding systems design is an asset however not required.
- Knowledge in Project management is also an asset.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects throughout project planning and implementation.
- Ability to triage and solve complex signage/wayfinding issues impacting operations or projects with tight time constraints.
Apply online at https://careers.yvr.ca/job/vancouver/manager-signage-and-wayfinding-program/38253/57291003760