YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to Connect BC Proudly to the World. Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 14 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness. And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Vancouver Airport Authority strives for a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We support the Employment Equity Act and take measures to ensure fair employment practices and treatment of employees across our organization. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We encourage applicants to self-identify with a designated group(s) to support our team in filling gaps in areas where we can be more diverse. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com. Check out the reasons that make us a Top Employer at: https://canadastop100.com/bc/.
We have permanent, full-time and part-time opportunities for Supervisors, Guest Experience in the Airport Operations Department. Reporting to the Manager, Passenger Operations, the successful candidates will be accountable for the daily supervision and coordination for our front-line Guest Services team, with the responsibility of providing an exceptional and effortless travel experience for all our passengers. This action-oriented and supervisory role involves analyzing real-time flight information and data to optimize resources, including identifying how and where to deploy frontline employees to deliver an exceptional guest experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily supervision of multiple Guest Experience employees, providing in-the-moment feedback and coaching to motivate the team and deliver exceptional service
- Liaising with various internal and external stakeholder groups to review and coordinate guest services operational support
- Supporting key operational teams such as the Manager, Operations Centre and Terminal Duty Officers by coordinating frontline staff to resolve operational issues and irregular operations
- Analyzing real-time data and passenger demand to assess hourly operational needs and ensure optimal staffing requirements
- Generating and updating documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as regulations and airport processes change
- Reviewing, responding to and resolving passenger and Guest Services’ employee complaints and compliments
Key qualifications include:
- Two to five years’ recent, related experience supplemented by one to two years of post-secondary schooling in business management or airport management; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to provide constructive feedback and build and maintain positive team morale
- Expertise in proactive customer service including effectively and successfully de-escalating and resolving complaints
- Other skills and requirements include:
- Ability to handle challenging situations and prioritize quickly with minimal information
- An authentic leader who can supervise, support, mentor and communicate effectively with a diverse team
- Detailed analytical skills with the ability to understand, assess and anticipate passenger flows and adjust resources to best support the airport operation
- Strong command of English, both in written and verbal communications
- Fluency in another language, preferably French, is considered an asset
- Ability to do shift, and weekend work, is a requirement for this role as Airport Operations is a 24 hour/day, 7 days/week operation
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) and Radio Operator’s Certificate
- A good understanding of the airport industry and knowledge of airport operations processes and procedures is considered an asset
This position is open to both current Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Health and safety are at the core of how we operate at YVR. We are committed to ensuring a safe workplace for our workforce and protecting the health and safety of our employees, passengers, partners and community by taking reasonable, preventative measures to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a valid exemption is granted for those unable to be vaccinated.
Apply online at https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/careers/current-opportunities