Good for Boosting your Energy
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed if necessary
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fruity vinegar, such as pear, raspberry or pomegranate (or balsamic is fine)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 ripe but firm pears, diced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted (optional)
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa has popped, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, chives, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add pears and toss to coat.
- Drain any excess liquid from the cooked quinoa, if necessary. Add the quinoa to the pear mixture; toss to combine. Transfer to the refrigerator to cool for about 15 minutes or serve warm. Optional: Serve topped with nuts.