This recipe came to SCI BC from our Peer, Dan Duffy! Dan, aka Quad Chef, has a knack for whipping up a delicious plate and this recipe for prawn burgers and coleslaw is no exception. Gather your ingredients, follow the directions below and let us know how your meal turns out!
- 1 ¼ lb raw peeled and de-veined prawn
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1/3 bell pepper (finely diced)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 jalapeno (finely diced)
- 2 cups of coleslaw mix
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 T vinegar
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 t celery seed
- 3 slices ginger, (slice 1/8-inch thick)
- 3–4 cloves garlic
- 2 small heads shallots (¼ cup chopped)
- 1 tsp shrimp paste (omit if vegetarian)
- Add prawns to food processors. Pulse until sticky, chunky mince. Do not over blend and create paste.
- Add prawns to bowl along with rest ingredients. Mix thoroughly, then divide into 4 equal parts. (prawn
batter can be sticky, wet hands to make it easier to form burgers)
- Put a non stick skillet over medium heat. Cook burgers for 4-6 minutes each side being careful not to burn them
- Add dressing a little at a time you may not need all of it. Let coleslaw sit for 20 min in fridge to marinate for best results.