December 3rd is a big day for Spinal Cord Injury BC and we need your help to make this day a success!
You might have heard about Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Boxing Day. These are three days that are good for the economy, but finally, we have one day that is good for the community too.
On December 3rd, GivingTuesday is coming to Canada. This is a new movement for giving and volunteering. Dubbed the “Opening day of the giving season,” it is a day where charities, companies and individuals join together to share commitments, rally for favourite causes, and think about others.
But this year, December 3rd is important for another reason too: GivingTuesday falls on the same day as the International Day of People with Disability, hosted by the United Nations.
In honour of these two important events, Spinal Cord Injury BC invites you to consider making a contribution to our cause this Holiday Season. Spinal Cord Injury BC is all about building communities of support so that people with spinal cord injuries and related disabilities—and their families—can adjust, adapt and thrive. We need your help so that we can continue to provide our programs and services to help people with new injuries and their families as well as those struggling with the ongoing challenges of living and aging with a physical disability throughout the province.
There are many ways to give. Here are three suggestions:
- Make an online donation. If you enjoy receiving our quarterly Spin magazine, consider making a $20 donation through our website. It costs us $20 to send you four issues of the Spin each year.
- Tell your family and friends about GivingTuesday and encourage them to support SCI BC. They can learn more about how we make an impact here.
- Help us spread the word on Social Media. We’ve created some messages you can share on Facebook and Twitter:
- You’ve heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Well here’s a new day in the Holiday Season – a day to give back! This GivingTuesday please consider making a donation to a cause I care deeply about: Spinal Cord Injury BC https://sci-bc.ca/news-and-blog/impact/
- Today is a really important day! It’s GivingTuesday and the International Day of People with Disability. To honour this day, please consider donating to Spinal Cord Injury BC: https://sci-bc.ca/news-and-blog/impact/ You’ll even get a tax receipt!
- Today is the International Day of People with Disabilities AND Canada’s first GivingTuesday! Please help me give back to an organization that has made a difference in my life, and make a donation to Spinal Cord Injury BC this holiday season: https://sci-bc.ca/news-and-blog/impact/
- Want to “give back” this holiday? Start now! It’s #GivingTuesday & The International Day of People with Disabilities http://ow.ly/r6wZd
- Celebrate Canada’s first #GivingTuesday & International Day of People with Disabilities: donate to @SCI_BC http://ow.ly/r6wZd
- Today I’m giving back to @SCI_BC to celebrate #GivingTuesday & International Day of People w/ Disabilities. Join me! http://ow.ly/r6wZd
Thank you for your support! We couldn’t meet our goals without your help.
Spinal Cord Injury BC Executive Director