Another year, another round-up of our most popular blogs! Despite the ongoing challenges that this year presented we were still able to share some amazing stories about our community, new research, exciting accessibility developments, and more. Here’s a look back at the top 10 blogs of 2021 – we hope you enjoy them!
You had questions – we had answers! From wanting to learn more about the impact of COVID-19 to inquiries about new SCI research and technology, we heard you loud and clear. That’s why many of our blogs this past year focused on providing information about the things that mattered to you most.
Scroll on to see if your favourite reads made our top 10 blog list of 2021!
1. Is the COVID-19 Vaccine Safe for People with SCI?
With the roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccination program underway in BC, and around the world, we have received a number of questions from our community on the safety and efficacy of vaccines for people with spinal cord injury. Below is a summary of what we know.
2. Breaking New Ground: SCI and Reality TV
The final season of the hugely popular, made-in-BC reality show Jade Fever offers viewers a new twist: excavator operator Shane Bunce, who joins the cast and single-handedly proves that people with SCI are up to some of the toughest jobs on the planet.
3. Remembering Brad Jacobsen
On February 17, the world lost Brad Jacobsen. He has left us at way too young an age, but he has left an incredible legacy for the organization and for all who knew him.
4. COVID FAQ
There’s a lot of COVID-19 information in the news, online and on TV. What and who do we trust? Because there’s so much uncertainty about where to go for reliable information, our team compiled this list of FAQs to help you find what you need.
5. Pressure Relief: New Pressure Ulcer Treatment Heals Fast
What if we told you that a daily sprinkling of a fine white powder on your open pressure ulcer might cut the healing time in half, or even more?
6. Meet the Complex Rehab Team at Macdonald’s Home Health Care
We recently chatted with our long-time supporters at Macdonald’s Home Health Care to learn more about their Complex Rehab Team. Read on to discover what they offer, who they are, and how they can help!
7. PAD Your Ride: How to Choose the Right Power Assist Device
If you’re thinking about adding a power assist device to your manual wheelchair, new findings recently published by BC researchers provide good insight into the choices available to you, along with their pros and cons.
8. COVID-19 Impact on SCI BC Services – When COVID-19 hit BC we quickly adapted our programming to provide online events and support. All the details of our response and timely updates are captured in this blog about the impact of COVID-19 on SCI BC services.
9. What’s A GoBag & Why Have One?
If you couldn’t return home or had to leave suddenly, what items could you not live without? In this blog, learn all about GoBags—what they are, and what needs to be in them.
10. New Playgrounds in Northern BC Feature Accessibility
BC Parks introduces new playgrounds with accessible features in Omineca Peace Region of Northern BC.