Alison originally joined SCI BC in 2016 as a Communications Intern. After her internship ended, she went on to gain valuable experience working in marketing and communications in higher education and contributing to CityHive’s 30 under 30 civic and community engagement network. She is thrilled to be back at SCI BC as Communications Specialist and is excited to share the organization’s impactful story.
With a BA in English and Psychology and a certificate in Film Arts, Alison is passionate about using her skills to create meaningful messaging, video, photography and design. Her love for the written word and film has guided her to writing and editorial opportunities at local magazines. She is also a published short fiction author and a quarter-finalist for Vancouver’s Crazy8s film festival.
When Alison isn’t drafting the latest communications message she enjoys exploring the aisles of record stores near her home in East Vancouver and attending local concerts. In the winter, look for her at a craft brewery or watching SNL. In the summer, find her at New Brighton Pool swimming laps or (attempting) to surf in Tofino. Many moons ago, Alison lived in England and New Zealand and is always happy to talk travel and swap hostel stories!
My Latest Posts
- BC SCI Network Accessibility Legislation Consultations: Summary & Report
- Inclusive Hiring: Advice and Tips
- Spinal Cord Injury BC’s Top 10 Blog Posts of 2019!
- Cabin Fever: Accessible Cabins at Cultus Lake
- The Breast Experience
- A Good Reason to Smile: First Wheelchair Accessible Dental Chair
- YVR Emergency Simulation
- How Do I Get There? Modo May Be the Answer
- Meet Your Scotiabank Charity Challenge Team Co-Captain: Kristen McBride
- Wheelchair 101: Maintenance and Minor Repairs