Alison originally joined SCI BC in 2015 as a Communications Intern. Since then she has gained invaluable experience working in marketing and communications in higher education and contributing to CityHive’s 30 under 30 civic and community engagement network. She is thrilled to be back at SCI BC as Communications Specialist and is excited to start telling its impactful story.
With a BA in English and Psychology and a certificate in Film Arts, Alison is passionate about using her skills to create meaningful video, photography, writing and design. Her love for the written word and film has guided her to writing and editorial opportunities at local magazines and most recently she was a quarter finalist for Vancouver’s Crazy8s film festival.
When Alison isn’t drafting the latest communications message she enjoys prowling the aisles of record stores near her home in East Vancouver and watching local shows. In the winter, look for her at a craft brewery or watching SNL. In the summer, find her at New Brighton Pool swimming laps or (trying her best!) to surf in Tofino. In a previous life, Alison lived in England and New Zealand and is always happy to talk travel and swap hostel stories!
My Latest Posts
- How the GRAGOPEAN Scholarship Trust Changed Everything: Q+A with Fiona Ma
- How the GRAGOPEAN Scholarship Trust Changed Everything: Q+A with Riley Martin
- Andina Brewing and SCI BC: Partners in Community and Connection
- How to Celebrate Canada’s 150th… Accessibly
- 11 Things I Love About My Wheelchair
- Why Does Comedy and Disability Matter?: Q&A with Realwheels’ Rena Cohen