Alison originally joined SCI BC in 2016 as a Communications Intern. After her internship ended, she went on to work as a Marketing and Communications Coordinator in the higher education sector and gained valuable experience as a member of CityHive’s 30 under 30 civic and community engagement network.
With a BA in English and Psychology and a certificate in Film Arts, Alison is passionate about using her skills to create meaningful messaging, video, photography and design. She has been a member of various editorial teams for Vancouver-based magazines and is a published short fiction author. In 2017, Alison was a quarter-finalist for Vancouver’s Crazy8s film festival and in 2020, her short film and screenplay was accepted into the 2020 Portland Comedy Film Festival.
When Alison isn’t drafting the latest communications message she enjoys exploring record stores near her home in East Van and attending local concerts. In the winter, look for her at a craft brewery or watching SNL. In the summer, find her at New Brighton Pool swimming laps or (attempting) to surf in Tofino. Alison has travelled throughout Europe, Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand is always happy to talk travel or swap hostel stories! She is excited to be back and working with the SCI BC team!
My Latest Posts
- Spinal Cord Injury BC’s Top 10 Blog Posts of 2020!
- Introducing SCI BC’s New Sexual Health Peer Mentorship Program
- New Connections: Our Annual Report 2020
- Anything But Ordinary: A Look Into SCI BC Peer Passions
- BC SCI Network Response to COVID-19
- BC SCI Network Accessibility Legislation Consultations: Summary & Report
- Inclusive Hiring: Advice and Tips
- Spinal Cord Injury BC’s Top 10 Blog Posts of 2019!
- Cabin Fever: Accessible Cabins at Cultus Lake
- The Breast Experience: Respiratory Function and Bras