Spinal Cord Injury BC’s Peer Support Program helps people with spinal cord injuries and those with related disabilities, overcome the challenges of living in a wheelchair by building communities of support throughout British Columbia.
Events throughout British Columbia
Spinal Cord Injury BC hosts more than 300 Peer events throughout British Columbia each year, ranging from laid-back BBQs, to more adventurous sports like adaptive kayaking, trail riding, paragliding and bungee jumping. Check out our event calendar.
Weekly and monthly coffee groups
Our Peer staff and volunteers host coffee groups on a weekly or monthly basis in 11 communities throughout British Columbia. Your first drink is on us! Check out our event calendar.
If would like to meet with a Peer one-on-one, we will connect you with someone who lives in your area who has gone through similar challenges as you as a result of their injury or disability. Peer Matches are with volunteers and meetings typically last for two hours. Peer matches are one-time encounters. Contact your local Peer Program Coordinator to apply.
If you would like to develop a long-term relationship with someone who really knows what you’re going through, our Peer Mentoring service is for you. We will match you with a trained Peer Mentor who has a similar background as you. Peer Mentors will meet with you on a monthly basis for at least one year. Contact your local Peer Program Coordinator to apply.
- Download the Murphy Battista brochure
- The SCI BC Provincial Peer Program acknowledges the financial support of the Province of British Columbia
- The SCI BC Vancouver Peer Program acknowledges the financial support of the Vancouver Coastal Health Sharon Martin Community Health Fund.
- The SCI BC Provincial Peer Program acknowledges the financial support given to our communities by the United Way of Northern British Columbia, the United Way of Greater Victoria, and the United Way of Central and Northern Vancouver Island.
- Coloplast consumer support specialists are here for you to provide catheter samples, provide follow-up and product advice, and help you get SpeediCath coverage. Contact them by phone at 1-866-293-6349 or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or ask for free samples here (a specialist will contact you shortly after you receive the samples.)
- Our sponsor Frozen Coconut is co-founded by Peer, Kevin Carta, and offers a nutritional vegan alternative to ice cream. Visit their site for more info.